We're an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. So thank you if you use our links; we really appreciate it!
- Best Fire Extinguisher for RV – Comparisons
- 5 Best Fire Extinguisher for RVs Reviews Of 2021
- 1. Fire Command Fire Extinguishing Aerosol Foam Spray Fire Suppressant
- 2. First Alert Fire Extinguisher, Rec 5-B.C
- 3. H3R Performance HG100C HalGuard Chrome Clean Agent Fire Extinguisher
- 4. Kidde 408-466142MTL-1 FA110 Multi-Purpose A, B, C Recreational Fire Extinguisher
- 5. Amerex B402 ABC Dry Chemical Class A B C Fire Extinguisher
- Important Tips to Reduce the Fire and Prevent Damage to Your RV
- Categories of Fire
- Types of Fire Extinguisher
- Maintenance of Your RV’s Fire Extinguisher
- Final Words
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
People love traveling. When you like to explore yourself in the wild blue sea or in the deep forest or mounting for hiking or skating, also is planning to go camping with your friends or family. Than recreational vehicle (RV) is the best ride for you to feel like your home and comfort.
While you travel around, these incredible vehicles allow you to feel like that you are in your own home. That is why a recreational vehicle (RV) is so much popular for different people and travelers. Thereâ€™s nothing like spending time in an RV If you are planning to take a week’s vacation for a tour in your country.
National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has revealed that in 2015 U.S. public fire departments report to an estimated 174,000 highway-type vehicle fires. These fires claimed $1.2 million in direct property damage and 445 died.
By the report of NFPA there are 17% of every six reported fires occur a highway-type vehicle and 13% of all civilian fire deaths. Per hour reported more than 30 highway vehicle fires on average. Because of mechanical or electrical failures more than two-thirds of highway vehicle fires resulted.
When you are preparing yourself and prepare for luggage than don’t forget one thing, yes that is your safety. With RV you are bringing the amenities of home with you, and then you should bring the same kind of precautionary equipment as well. We are talking about protecting yourself from the fire. Which may occur while you are driving, Because of mechanical or electrical failures.
A fire extinguisher can handle this kind of situation and protect you and your RV from a deadly fire. That’s why you must bring a fire extinguisher with you when you are traveling with RV. It makes a complete difference between life and death. Safetysection will help you to find the best fire extinguisher for RV.
Here we present the best models fire extinguisher for the inside of your RV with the review and some other useful tools to make a complete fire extinguishing device. Here you will know how to use a fire extinguisher, where to store and how to maintenance.
Best Fire Extinguisher for RV – Comparisons
5 Best Fire Extinguisher for RVs Reviews Of 2021
1. Fire Command Fire Extinguishing Aerosol Foam Spray Fire Suppressant
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), the most common cause of the home fire and home fire injury is cooking fire. Would you like to let this happen with you? If not, then be prepared with a Fire Command fire suppressant. It is foam spray, it works very fast. It can reduce the heat of flames and stop the fire.
It contains an exclusive fire-fighting foaming agent that is used by professional and volunteer firefighters from worldwide. They recommend it as an effective solution for small fire accidents. It is smooth, penetrates, clings and lasts. When you decided to buy a fire extinguisher, you find different fire extinguishers some units are disposable while others are refillable. It is really confusing.
The Fire Command is an aerosol spray; it is not rechargeable and can be used one time. So you must have a minimum of 2 pcs on hand just in case. Fire Command fire suppressant foam spray is easier and more convenient to use than traditional fire extinguishers.
It shoots spray up to 10-feet in distance and 60 seconds continue in one pull. It is a very useful device for your RV. Also, it is necessary for your home. To protect you and your property keep this device in the kitchen, the grill, in the garage, in the car, the boat, RV and camping.
2. First Alert Fire Extinguisher, Rec 5-B.C
When you are driving a car, suddenly fire occurs by any type of engine fault. In that situation, you may be lost your car also could be lost your life. Just think about that dangerous situation. If you feel bored with spray extinguisher and need a rechargeable fire extinguisher then let me introduce the First Alert rechargeable fire extinguisher.
This dry chemical fire extinguisher is UL rated and USCG approved. This multi-purpose fire extinguisher fight with fabric, paper, wood, electrical and flammable liquid fires like gasoline, kerosene, oil, grease, and also electrical fires. This is ideal for use in the home, garage, RV, car, boat, and other places.
You can put it in your RV for long years. It has a durable metal head and commercial-grade valve with a trigger. This wall mounts rustproof aluminum cylinder device has clear instructions and very easy to use. Its weight 2lb. It includes a bracket.
3. H3R Performance HG100C HalGuard Chrome Clean Agent Fire Extinguisher
The HG100C fire extinguisher is an excellent and smart-looking clean agent fire extinguisher with excellent color. It may increase your car decoration. Its cylinder made by high-quality steel also all-metal valve construction Includes steel strap and mounting bracket.
Basically, it made for RV, sports cars, personal care, and aircraft. But it could be used in your home, office, shop, garage also any other place. It is an environmentally safe fire extinguisher. It extinguishes without any damage or sketch.
The HG100R fire extinguisher’s weight is 1.4lbs and fight with wood, paper, cloth, flammable liquid, gas, oil, the engine also electrical fire. It is very easy to use and the discharge rang is 6 feet – 8 feet. This 100% rechargeable EPA approved extinguisher made in the U.S.A.
4. Kidde 408-466142MTL-1 FA110 Multi-Purpose A, B, C Recreational Fire Extinguisher
Kidde is a global leadership manufacturer of fire detection and suppression. Kidde provides the best extinguishing solution for home, commercial and industrial fire. Kidde 408-466142MTL Multi-Purpose Dry Chemical is an environmentally safe fire extinguisher.
It is an ideal fire protection device for electric equipment and food manufacturing place. Its wonderful features make it perfect for RV. It is designed to handle class A, B and C fires. This Dry Chemical fire extinguisher extinguish the fire very easily and hurry. This device is very easy to pull the pin and easy to use.
It is a very excellent device for use in home, office, garage, car, RV, bakery, the commercial building also many places. The total weight is 2.5lbs and the discharge rang is 8 feet and 8 seconds continue in one pull. Kidde Dry Chemical fire extinguisher made by a lightweight aluminum with a tough aluminum valve assembly.
5. Amerex B402 ABC Dry Chemical Class A B C Fire Extinguisher
Every person has own car. Also, there has an uncountable home and restaurant in every country. All homes and restaurants have a big or small kitchen depend on their categories and space. Every kitchen stove worked a minimum of 12 hours. Itâ€™s a long time fire working place. For using use cooking oil into the kitchen, the kitchen maybe oil is sticky.
It is a big cause of the fire. Every kitchen has a cylinder gas bottle that could make fire danger. The fire could occur anytime suddenly. Amerex Dry Chemical fire extinguisher is the best solution for restaurant and home kitchen. It can fight with flammable liquids and live electrical equipment. That means this excellent extinguisher is useful for your vehicles like Rv and other vehicles.
All model has been approved. This UL standard extinguisher is designed for class A, B and C fire like gasoline, kerosene, oil, grease, and electrical fires also paper, wood, cloth and other usual materials. It contains 5lbs and discharges time is 14 seconds in one pull. It includes a wall bracket.
Important Tips to Reduce the Fire and Prevent Damage to Your RV
If you have no experience with how an RV fire is a terrifying prospect then donâ€™t quite understand how quickly it spread and can get out of control. In the United States, more than 20,000 reported RV fires every year. It may be the largest cause of RV damage in the U.S.A.
Here we suggest some routine safety checks that can prevent the fire of your RV and reduce the risk of losing your RV. Also, it can save you and your family from harmful injuries and prevent damage to your property.
- Make sure you have installed a minimum of 3 fire extinguishers inside your RV. One in kitchen, one in the bedroom and another in other unlocked compartments where everybody can use it.
- Before traveling with your family or friend, teach them properly how to operate an RV fire extinguisher. Also, teach them the category of fire and category of fire extinguisher and which one is the best for any particular fire.
- Clean the fuel spills quickly. Because when gasoline combusts quickly it gets out of control. Otherwise, diesel or other flammable will pose a risk for longer.
- Try to use paper towels instead of any dirt or oily fabric. Don’t keep any oily fabric beside of engine.
- Loose connection of a battery can induce a fire. So make sure all battery connections are perfect and if battery roll or bounce around then it can make fire. Make sure all batteries are saving in plastic containers.
- Don’t heat your RV with the stove. After finished your cooking, checked the stove turned off properly. Even if the flame extinguished, your stove will continue to emit propane.
Categories of Fire
If you know the categories of the fire then you can fight the fire properly. There are 5 classes of fires:
Class A: ordinary combustibles (such as paper, cloth, wood or plastic)
Class B: flammable liquids (such as petroleum oil, paint, propane, butane or gasoline)
Class C: electrical instrumentation (such as kitchen appliances, transformers or motors)
Class D: combustible metals (such as magnesium, sodium, potassium or aluminum)
Class K: cooking oils (such as vegetable fats, animal fats, greases or different cookery oils)
Usually, you can use the same fire extinguisher in different categories of fire. But not all time, because some time to use a wrong fire extinguisher can cause to spread the fire. So at first know the details of fire categories and use the right extinguisher to prevent the damage.
Types of Fire Extinguisher
There have different types of fire extinguisher works on different classes of fire. It is very much essential to know the types of your desire fire extinguisher because of its right uses.
There are 8 different types of fire extinguishers available in the market.
- Water and foam: Mainly used at class A fires.
- Dry chemical: Dry chemical extinguishers simply break the chemical reaction. It used for class A, B and C fires.
- Wet chemical: These newer version fire extinguishers remove the heat and create a barrier between fuel and oxygen. It used for class K fires to help extinguish fats and oils.
- Carbon dioxide: Removes oxygen and works with class B and C fires.
- Cartridge operated dry chemical: It extinguishes the fire by preventing the chemical reaction. It will use for class A, B and C fires.
- Water mist: Itâ€™s a newer fire extinguisher, it removes heat and works on class A and C fires.
- Dry powder: This dry powder extinguisher removes the heat and extinguishes the fire by separates the oxygen and fuel. It only works for class D fire.
- Clean agent: This clean agent fire extinguisher includes halon agents to break the chemical reactions. Basically this extinguisher used for class A fire but it is very good for class B and C fire.
Depend on fire class a fire extinguisher can be installed in a different place. Mainly any type of industrial and commercial building, residential building, inside the room and kitchen.
Also any type of vehicle ship and boat. It must be installed in a place where everybody can easily use the extinguisher when a small fire occurs.
Maintenance of Your RV’s Fire Extinguisher
- Inspect every month of your RV’s fire extinguisher to determine whether it still has pressure.
- It should be replaced or recharged right away if the gauge shows low or empty.
- When you see it doesn’t pop back up after it is pressed, that means the pressure is too low and it needs to be replaced.
- Do not pull the pin if there was no fire.
- After use, refill it immediately for the next use.
- Maintain the instruction labels and inspection tag.
- Dry powder or dry chemical extinguisher needs to shake a few times every month. So that, the powder is kept loose.
A fire extinguisher is an important weapon to fight with an RV fire. Every owner of RV and the traveler of RV should know when and how to use them. To purchase and install a fire extinguisher is not enough. Also, you must know to operate them. Also, you must know how to maintain it.
Safetysection provides you the best guideline here. After a long time of research, we have selected the best fire extinguisher for RV. Carefully read our reviews and find the perfect match for your RV.
- 5 Best Fire Extinguisher For Boat
- The Best Fire Extinguisher Reviews
- Best Fire Extinguisher For Car Reviews
- Element Fire Extinguisher Stick Review