We're an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. So thank you if you use our links; we really appreciate it!
Housekeeping doesn’t mean solely cleanliness; it suggests that far more than solely cleanliness. Effective housekeeping is an ongoing operation. Definition of Housekeeping in the Workplace includes-
- Keeping work areas neat and orderly;
- Maintaining slip, trip and fall free working environment;
- Removing of waste materials and other fire hazards from work areas.
Maintain electrical systems in good working order and keep free of lint buildup to reduce the potential for ignition. This includes improvement within junction boxes, buses, trays, tunnels etc.
The fire service director shall develop a fire evacuation plan for each building. Fire evacuation maps shall be posted at the entrance to each exit stair. Walking surfaces, as well as stairs treads shall be uniformly slip-resistant.
No furnishings, decoration, or other objects shall obstruct exits and access to exits. Nothing shall obstruct or impede visibility to exits.
- What Is Good Housekeeping?
- What are Slips, Trips and Falls?
- What Things Should Have To Do If Anyone Is Injured In a Slip & Fall Accident?
What Is Good Housekeeping?
Good Housekeeping Promotes
- Clean Environment
Signs of poor housekeeping
- Slips, trips and falls
- Chemical and machine accidents
- Injuries from an electrical problem
- Collisions and falling objects
- Health problem
Daily cleaning checklist for office
- Waste disposal
What are Slips, Trips and Falls?
An error happens once there’s insufficient traction or friction between the shoe and the walking surface.
A visit happens once a person’s foot contacts associate degree object in their means or drops to a lower level unexpectedly, inflicting them to be thrown off-balance.
Therefore, the trip is an occasion when you knock your foot against something and fall or lose your balance, or someone causes you to do this, when you are walking or running.
A fall happens after you square measure too far away from balance. Therefore, suddenly go down onto the bottom or towards the bottom without intending to or by accident is usually considered as a fall.
Commonly affected body parts:
– Knee, Ankle, Foot
– Wrist, Elboe
Common Factors of Slip, Trip and Fall
- Inappropriate floor surface
- Slippery floor surface
- Poor housekeeping
- Sudden change in the floor surface
- Inappropriate footwear
- Poor lighting
- Low and unseen objects
- Poor maintenance
- Inadequate storage area
- Passage or walkway being used for storage
Effective Elements for Avoiding Slip trip and fall
- Safe Surface
- Maintain Light Fixtures
- Aisles and Stairways
- Spill Control
- Tools and Equipment
- Waste Disposal
What Things Should Have To Do If Anyone Is Injured In a Slip & Fall Accident?
Things to do if you are injured in a slip & fall accident:
– If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, seek medical attention immediately.
– Once your medical needs have been addressed, it is also important that you contact the legal representative to ensure that your legal rights will be protected.
– Keep in mind the location and the circumstances of the accident and the weather conditions.
– Take the witness’s phone number and keep in touch with him.
– Take photographs of defects or ask people around you to take if you are not able to do so.
– Find out who is the owner of the land on which you were injured or who is legally responsible for the safety of the property.
– Note down what kind of defect caused your injury.
– Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer immediately.