We're an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. So thank you if you use our links; we really appreciate it!
- Anything that may cause harm (e.g. chemicals, electricity, working at height, etc)
- A hazard is any source of potential damage, harm or adverse effects.
- Hazard is a situation that poses a level of threat of life, health, property or environment.
- The chance (high or low) that someone are injured by the hazard.
- Risk is someone or something that creates or suggests a hazard.
- Risk is a possibility of danger or harm.
Hazard = any source of potential adverse health effect, harm or damage.
Risk = the likelihood that a person exposed to a hazard will be harmed.
Exposure = the extent to which someone is subjected to a hazard.
HAZARD + EXPOSURE = RISK
Qualitative risk analysis
● Are often used once no precise info concerning possibilities of risk is on the market
Quantitative risk analysis
● Suitable for mathematical analysis
● Provide figures on the (economic) impact of risks
Element of Risk
- Mission (business continuity, information)
What Is The Basic Concept Of Safety?
Safety: The state of being safe, exempt on from hurt or injury, freedom from danger in safety.
We can call it,
Safety = Awareness + Preparation
Aria of Safety in the Workplace, School and Home
Building and Structural Safety – Safety in general including installation as per existing building code and expert engineer.
Environment Safety – Issues of environment safety (direct or indirect impact of the school, home and industry).
Material or Equipment Safety – Safety of the materials used in the production or others.
Workplace Safety – Safety issues directly associated with the workplace.
Fire Safety – Fire safety, specifically, the risks associated with the school, home, and industry.
Electrical Safety – generally and above all, arising from the instrumentality used.
Safety Control Measures
Safety control Measures is a very important matter. Its implementation should be done using the following hierarchy order
- Prevention Measures
- Protection Measures
- Mitigation Measures
A prevention measure is to reduce the likelihood of accidents or occupational disease occurrence.
By engineering or technical measures..
- Remove it
- Reduce levels of hazardous materials
- Replace it